Hi! I’m Daniel and I’m searching for a talented developer to join my team at Grow Development. Since 2008 my development agency has partnered with clients to build out complex ecommerce sites and ship millions of subscriptions boxes.
We love building awesome ecommerce plugins and keeping client sites running smoothly. If you’re looking for interesting projects to work on and an encouraging environment to work in let’s talk!
WooCommerce PHP Developer (Remote)
The WooCommerce Developer position will work with other developers to maintain sites, fix performance issues, and create custom functions for WooCommerce websites. You will be available during the day to chat with the team and have the flexibility to quickly change tasks.
- Maintain and update third party WordPress plugins.
- Customize and extend existing in-house plugins.
- Build new WordPress plugins with a focus on ecommerce.
- Implement theme functionality from designs.
- Deep understanding of WordPress.
- Contributed to or developed extensions for plugins like WooCommerce.
- Experienced in reviewing requirements documents, coding to standards, and submitting your code to source control (We use git and GitHub).
- Excellent English communication skills (written and spoken).
- Work hours that overlap with US time zones (UTC-4 to UTC-7).
- Self-motivated and work well independently.
- Comfortable working remotely.
About Grow Development
Grow Development partners with a variety of WooCommerce stores and every project is different. We get bored working with the same types of problems everyday. We purposefully diversify our projects to learn new skills and grow as developers. If you are looking for a position to work with experienced developers, to expand your knowledge of WooCommerce, and work on challenging assignments, then this position is a great fit for you.
We are based in San Antonio, Texas and most of our clients are based in USA time zones.
During the initial screening your sample code will be reviewed. Only candidates with samples of code will be considered for this position. After an initial screening, you will receive an email with a few more questions. The most qualified candidates will have a ~45 minute video call with Daniel, the owner of Grow Development, to learn more about you and answer any questions you have about the position and company.
Next, you’ll complete a short, paid, one-day test project. This helps you get a sense for the types of projects you will be working on and it helps us learn more about how you think. Finally, we’ll select a single candidate to be offered a position and then the real fun begins!
We’re looking for individuals. No agencies or recruiters will be considered for this position.
Grow Development is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Applications are being accepted through November 30, 2020.